WOMEN EMPOWERMENT PROGRAMME
The Internal Evaluation of the Women Empowerment Program, Project No.321-908- 1077 ZG was planned on completion of one year of the implementation. The TOR of the evaluation was submitted to Misereor in October 2019. The identification of evaluators (from three implementing partners, CMSSS-Hassan, SMSSS- Shivamogga and KDDC-Karwar), finalization of evaluation dates and preparation of data collection schedules were done during the month of November and December 2019.
The orientation workshop for the evaluators was arranged at Karnataka Regional Organization for Social Service (KROSS) Resource cum Training Centre on 20 th and 21 st January 2020. Sr. Zita D’souza, Chief Coordinator, Women Empowerment Program welcomed Fr. Sebastian Fernandes, Director-KROSS & the evaluation team. The Director in his keynote address explained the need of the internal evaluation and finalized the Evaluation Teams for the evaluation in the different diocesan social service societies. Sr. Zita D’souza briefed the goal, objectives, activities and the results achieved during the first year of the project implementation and then explained in detail the various data collection schedules and required modifications was done. The data collection schedules consisted of:
• Interaction with Self Help Groups members
• Interaction with GRFs members
• Interaction with Taluk/District level Federation members
• Interaction with local good governance contesting member
• Interaction with Present GP member
• Interaction with Income generation programme beneficiary
• Interaction with women empowerment program (WEP) field staff
• Verification.of documents
• Opinion gathering of the evaluators.
• Debriefing session with Director, Asst. Director and the WEP Staff
Mock demonstrations were carried out to familiarize the evaluation team on the modus operandi to be adopted for conducting the field level evaluation.
The evaluation began on 22 nd January and completed on 18 th February 2020.